LOVE POEMS

POEMS OF LOVE 
From the book THE LOST GENERATION OF REAL BRITTAIN

Roland Leighton poetry, April 25, 1915

Villanelle
Violets Plug Street Wood,
that sweet, I am sending you overseas.
(Strange that are blue, so blue,
though pregnant with her blood red,
They have grown up around his face;
it's really strange that they are blue.)
Violets Plug Street Wood -
think of what for me They want to say -
Life, Hope, Love and You
(Which you've never seen grow
where lies his mangled body,
hidden from the face of the horror of the day;
sweet ... it was better that way.)
Violets overseas,
to you my dear, distant and forgetful earth,
I send in memory of me,
and I know you'll understand.

Roland Leighton
Plug Street Wood, April 1915

  Villanelles or Violette by Plug Street Wood

ORIGINAL TEXT 


Commenti